June is for the “Gents” We are celebrating men this Month
June 1st 2018 kicked off National Men’s Health Month. We wanted to join in the fun since good skin isn’t just for the ladies. We know men like to look and feel their very best too. At Steele Dermatology we recognize that men have different skin, body and hair needs than women so we take our time with each patient to assess your needs, listen to what is important to you and come up with customized treatment plans to have you looking and feeling your very best!
and skin cancer tend to be more concerning for women than MEN. Unfortunatly, the numbers show that more men than women were diagnosed with Melanoma in 2017. The use of a daily medical suncreen like our favorite Elta MD product and making sure to go see your favorite Dermatologist for regular skin checks will significantly reduce your risks and keep you informed and protected. That pesky sun can also take it’s toll on the look of your skin. The use of daily anti-aging products, cleansers and moisturizers can do wonders to hydrate and have your skin looking ruggedly flawless in no time.
, a condition that mainly affects adults in their 40’s and 50’s may even be more common in men than women.
What are the symptoms?
- Broken Blood Vessels
What causes Rosacea flare ups? (Boaters Beware) J
- Sun Exposure
- Spicy Food
How do you treat Rosacea?
- Laser treatments of the blood vessels. 1-3 Treatments can get you great permanent results. Perfect for guys that arent able to commit to a daily skincare regimen
- Sunscreen-As I mentioned above you shouldn’t leave home without your daily dose of Elta MD
- Prescription Creams and sometimes pills depending on the severity of your condition
Skin texture and discoloration
– Do you suffer from large acne, large pores, scars and discoloration or dark spots? It is even more important for men than women to find treatments for these conditions since the use of make up to cover discoloration, dark spots and blemishes isnt an option. The use of skin care products as well as services we offer here can help to minimize, prevent and control these conditions and have you feeling more confident in no time.
- Chemical Peels
- Skincare Regimen
Skin and Hair Bumps
are caused by hairs trying to regrow from beneath the skin. These hairs get curled up and caught in the skin and cause inflammation and a bump.**IMPORTANT TIP** don’t wait until it’s too late. At a certain point these bumps become scars and when that happens, they are much harder to treat.
- Use of a single blade razor; clippers work well to cut the hair short, but not beneath the skin
- Use of a good shaving cream
- If using aftershave make sure that it is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory
- DON’T pick or dig—this is the quickest way to get discoloration, scars, and scabs
- A skincare regimen to prevent hairs from getting caught in the skin
- Laser hair removal for areas where hair is no longer desired
- Microneedling-For scarring that has already occured
“Remind yourself, Nobody built like you, YOU, design yourself!”-JayZ
As you age it’s important to pay attention to how you look and take steps to ensuring you STAY happy with how you look. With our large arsenal of treatments and non-invasive procedures for not only your skin but also your body.
Men may not want thigh gaps or an hour glass figure but looking lean and healthy is usually the goal.
Areas on men that can benefit from nonsurgical fat reduction-
- “Love Handles” AND “The Beer Belly– Men obviously don’t have bra fat, but they can have “love handles” whether it’s fat in the front or on the sides, men want a slim waistline, wider chest tapering down into a narrow waist and flat stomach.
- “Man Boobs”– This one is a sensitive subject, but men who have them hate them!
- “The Double Chin- A clean, strong jawline is not only attractive and youthful, but is associated with success in men. A strong jawline and neck in men not only makes a man look fit and slim, but as studies have shown, confident and powerful.
CoolSculpting® is the nonsurgical, FDA-cleared solution that freezes away fat with no surgery and little to no downtime.
There is no gym for your wrinkles
but there are an assortment of products and services that we provide that can help.
- Forehead Wrinkles– it’s often desirable to have a little more “rugged” look with a few wrinkles, but not excessive, which we achieve with adjusted dosing and placement of Botox or Dysport.
- Crow’s Feet and Frown Lines are generally attractive in men to a certain extent, until it becomes excessive – that’s where we come in to provide a natural and effective solution
- Dark Circles and Tired Eyes– Men complain of a tired appearance a lot! They start to notice volume loss under the eyes and discoloration. We use fillers to rejuvenate the skin, fill in lost volume, and support the cheek. We create a result that leaves you looking less tired and more youthful